Monday, May 31, 2010

Eavesdropping Competition

Eavesdropping is not rude, it's research as far as writers are concerned. Only the other day I heard an elderly woman in my local Co-op food store say to her friend, "I'd pull it tighter, only I'm scared that if I pull it too hard, it'll snap off, and then what would he say to me?"

Indeed, what would he say, whatever it is she's be pulling? And that's exactly what a new competition is asking for.

On 1st July 2010 the 'Bugged -Creative Eavesdropping' competition wants people to listen out for snippets of conversation, and then use it to create a whole new piece of work, whether it be a 1,000-word short story, flash fiction of up to 150 words, a 5 minute script, or a poem of 60 lines.

Entries need to be submitted by 15th August at the latest, but you can start submitting as soon after 1st July as you like. Good entries will appear on the competition's blog for others to read, and the best entries will be produced into an anthology.

For more information visit http://buggedblog.wordpress.com/.

It sounds as though it is time to find some cotton buds and clean out your ears. I SAID, IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH ... oh, never mind.

Good luck!

Followers