Friday, April 10, 2009

Simply Moleskine

I always tell my students that you should endeavour to carry a notebook around with you at all times. You never know when that next great idea will strike, and believe me, it doesn't hang around in the memory for long - well not mine any way.

A notebook is just as important a tool for a writer as a computer is, and I think that writers should 'treat' themselves to a nice notebook. After all, a notebook that is always inviting you to write something in it, must be a good thing to have around because you'll always be dipping in and scribbling in it!

I love the Moleskine notebooks, which are becoming easier to find these days. Many of the larger bookshops stock them as well as numerous stationers, and of course, there is always the internet.

There's one website that I look at from time to time www.simplymoleskine.com and they happen to have a newsletter, which I signed up to. Each month, they run a competition to win a Moleskine book of your choice, so thought I'd have a go and guess what? This month I won! You can read what I said at the site on the 'Me and My Moleskine' page.

As you read through it, you'll see that effectively all I've produced is a letter to a magazine's letters page.

If you want to read about the history of Moleskine books (Hemingway, Chatwin and many more) then click here. But if they were good enough for Hemingway, then they're good enough for me!

Take your notebook wherever you go. In the future you never know where a thought or scribbled comment inside it, could ultimately lead you.

Good luck.

Followers