Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Success for Said!

Well Said Y Mohammed is having the perfect start to his Writers bureau course. He's just sold his article produced for his second assignment to his local paper the Bridge. To view a PDF version of his article (onpage 2) click here.

"I am glad to inform you," Said wrote in his covering letter for assignment 3, "that I have sold assignment 2 to The Bridge magazine. I have made the changes you suggested and added some suitable statistics and they jumped at it. They paid me US$100."

But it gets better than that. Said continues:

"They also asked me to write another piece for them on Somali wedding ceremonies for their September issue."

So not only has he got his second assignment published, but he's just received his first commission.

So well done Said. Keep up the good work!

Followers