Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do You Love Your Local Bookshop?




Do you love your local bookshop? Here in the UK, the first ever Independent Booksellers week is running between 1st and 8th July 2008. As a result a whole range of events are taking place at over 300 independent bookshops next week, with many authors getting their hands dirty and working on the other side of the till!

Pop into the Little Green Dragon Bookshop in Alton, Hampshire next week and Alan Titchmarsh might be the one to help you with your credit card transaction. Gyles Brandreth will be helping out at a bookshop in Kew, and Mark Billingham will be at Stoke Newington Bookshop.

To find out more about what's going on in your own area next week visit www.localbookshops.co.uk

I do wonder if the local independent bookshop owners know what they're letting themselves in for. I shall be helping out next week in my own local bookshop, and I just hope that I don't short change anyone! I'll let you know how I get on.

Wish me luck!

Love Your Local Bookshop

Followers